INTRODUCTION TO REAL ANALYSIS I
- Instructor: Professor Eugene Speer
- Hill Center 520
- speer at math.rutgers.edu
- Office hours:
- Monday 1:40–3:00 PM, Hill Center 520
- Tuesday 10:20–11:40 PM, Hill Center 520
- Thursday 9:00–10:00 AM, Hill Center 520
- Or by appointment or chance in Hill Center 520
- Detailed course information and policies:
As web page and as a PDF file.
- Hints on writing proofs:
- From your instructor: As web page and as
a PDF file.
- From Professor James Munkres, the author
of the text used in Math 441, Introductory Topology. (The copy here was
obtained from Prof. Jim Wiseman at Agnes Scott College; I do not know who
wrote the prefatory remarks.)
Click here for assignments.
The final exam will be held Monday, May 8, 8:00–11:00 AM, in ARC
108. It will cover all of our work this semester.
- We will have a review/problem session on Wednesday, May 3,
at 1:30 PM, in Hill Center 425.
- I will hold my regularly scheduled office hours on Monday, 5/1, but
not during the remainder of the week. I will hold supplementary
office hours on Friday, May 5, 9:30–ll:00 AM, in Hill
520 (for both the classes I teach).
Announcements and additional resources
- 2/21/2017: The first exam is on Thursday, February 23. I will
hold special office hours tomorrow, Wednesday February 22, from 2:00 PM
to 3:30 PM (or somewhat later, if there is demand).