History of Mathematics. Source Books
Collections of Primary Sources
- Classics of Mathematics
- Ronald Calinger. $39
- A useful and broad collection of short extracts from
original sources, with some background information
- A source book in mathematics, 1200-1800
- D. J. Struik. $30
- Source Book in mathematics
- David E. Smith. $13
- The World of Mathematics
- Newman. Indispensable collection for the general reader.
- Out of print, but used copies abound, costing anywhere from $10
to $60, more commonly $25-50$. Four large volumes.
Back to resource
page for History of Algebra
History of Algebra Seminar Home
Professor Cherlin's Home Page.
Department of Mathematics
File date: Feb. 1999