Mathematics 300: Introduction to Mathematical Reasoning
Rutgers University, Fall 2011
Anders Buch (asbuch at math dot rutgers period edu)
TTh4, Tuesday and Thursday 1:40 PM - 3:00 PM in Lucy Stone Hall,
Building A, Room 121
Course web site:
Smith, Eggen, and Andre, A Transition To Advanced Mathematics,
Brooks/Cole (7th ed.)
Tuesday and Thursday after class.
MAA-RU Sponsored Review Sessions:
Thursdays 3-5 pm in Hill Center, Room 323.
- Midterm 1, Tuesday October 11 in class, 20%
- Midterm 2, Tuesday November 15 in class, 20%
- Final exam, Monday December 19, 12:00-3:00 pm, 40%
- Weekly Homeworks, 20% total.
1) Late homework is not accepted.
2) It is fine to discuss the problems with others, but writeups must
be individual. If you have received help for solving a problem, then
cite your source(s).
3) It is acceptable to submit homework by email if
these instructions are followed.
Homework assignments will appear on the course web site.
Assigned homework sets:
Homework set 1 due September 15 in class.
Homework set 2 due September 22 in class.
Homework set 3 due September 29 in class.
Homework set 4 due October 6 in class.
Homework set 5 due October 20 in class.
Homework set 6 due November 3 in class.
Homework set 7 due November 10 in class.
Homework set 8 due December 1 in class.
Homework set 9 due December 8 in class.