Below is a list of administrative chores. You can do most of them any time during the week of August 29 – September 2 or earlier.
- Register for TA Orientation at: http://tap.rutgers.edu/orientation/ta-orientation.php
International Students (only): Register for the Speaking Proficiency English Assessment Kit
(SPEAK) Test at: ita.rutgers.edu
- Check your department mailbox in Hill 315. You may also have a personal mailbox in the post office, but you are responsible for mail in your department mailbox.
- See Risa Hynes in Hill 322 or Joshua Smith in Hill 324 for a computer account.
See Ramon Paulino in Hill 326 to have your picture taken.
Note : This is for the department only. You will need to have your picture taken elsewhere
for your Rutgers ID card.
- See Colette Claiborne in Hill 307 for a key to your office (you will need to give a five dollar deposit). If you haven't already done so, please give Katie Guarino your New Hire form, and show her your SSN. Those who have a TA appointment, also hand in your signed offer letter contract.
- See Mayka Benitez in Hill 307 to obtain a copy code for the copy machine in the mail room for TA duties.
- Course selection: If your course plan in the first semester deviates from the standard core courses, please consult Graduate Director, Zheng-Chao Han, before you complete your registration.
- Tuition remission forms can be obtained from Katie Guarino, our graduate secretary, in Hill 306.
You will also need to register for classes. After registering
for classes you will receive your term bill via e-mail, which requires the
tuition remission form mentioned above.
You will need to take this form to the Student Accounting Department/Cashier's Office at :
College Avenue Campus – Records Hall, 620 George Street, New Brunswick, NJThe process of registering and paying bills will be covered at the university-wide orientation for new students. If you have additional questions about this, you can ask Katie Guarino in Hill 306.