Introductory Theory of Functions of a
Rutgers University, Spring 2006
Anders Buch (asbuch at math dot rutgers period edu)
MW 5:00 - 6:20 pm. in SEC 203
Course web site:
Stephen D. Fisher, Complex Variables (2nd edition), Dover, ISBN 0-486-40679-2
Monday 1:00-2:00 pm and Wednesday 3:00-4:00 pm in Hill Center 234.
- Midterm 1, February 20 in class, 20%
- Midterm 2, March 27 in class, 20%
- Final exam, Friday, May 5, 2006 4-7 PM in SEC 203, 40%
- Weekly Homeworks, 20% total. The lowest two homework scores will be
1) Late homework is not accepted.
2) It is fine to discuss the problems with others, but writeups must
be individual. If you have received help for solving a problem, then
cite your source(s).
Homework assignments will appear on the course web site.
Assigned homework sets:
Homework set 1 due January 30 in class
Homework set 2 due February 6 in class
Homework set 3 due February 13 in class
Solutions 3 (pdf,
Homework set 4 due February 27 in class
Homework set 5 due March 6 in class
Homework set 6 due March 20 in class
Solutions 6 (pdf,
Homework set 7 due April 3 in class
Homework set 8 due April 10 in class
Homework set 9 due April 17 in class
Homework set 10 due April 24 in class
Chapter 1: all
Chapter 2: all except 2.3.1 and pages 157-166
Chapter 3: all except 3.1.1
Homework: The assigned homework problems and their solutions
are also part of the syllabus.